Friday 10 February 2012

Hyper Japan Spring 2012

Hello readers!

Today I'd like to tell you about a Japanese cultural event happening in London this month.


I've attended both previous Hyper Japan events, the first in 2010 as an honourary KERA model, and the second last summer when I was again in a Lolita fashion show. This year once again I'll be walking the catwalk with other J-fashionistas, modelling Classic Lolita.

Hyper Japan 2010
(photo courtesy of Cross Media and Hyper Japan)

This year's catwalks (organised by the lovely pixie_late) will have a mix of street styles including Dolly Kei and Mori Girl as well as Sweet, Gothic and Classic Lolita. As well as that there will be prizes for the audience! Quite substantial prizes too- wigs from Gothic Lolita Wigs. Put on your best outfit and see if you'll be a winner! 


Elegant and Sophisticated Lolita Fashion Show at Hyper Japan 2011

As well as the fashion, I'm looking forward to the food! If all the foodie pictures from my recent posts have made you long for some Japanese cuisine, Hyper Japan will be the place to go. KOBE has some particularly delicious offerings including gyoza and yakitori! For a bit more sophistication, how about Feng Sushi

I'm also excited about the Japanese dance performance. We don't often have a chance to experience this sort of performance outside of Japan, and it's sure to be beautiful and hypnotic. I'm also quite interested to see Beckii Cruel! I think she's very cute, and I wonder what her live performance will be like. Will she sing? Or just dance? Well, we'll find out in a couple of weeks!

Hope to see you there! I'll be doing a write up with lots of pictures after the event.


HYPER JAPAN 2012 Spring will be held on Friday 24, Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 February 2012 at Brompton Hall at Earls Court, London. 


6 comments:

  1. A couple of my lolita friends from the Netherlands will be attending this year. I've never had much of an interest for this event. But you make it actually sound quit interesting. Perhaps I will be attending next year. I would be delighted to meet you some day in person, since you are one of my lolita role models :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to meet you in real life too! I have really enjoyed the previous HJs so if you have the chance to come next time, please do.

      Delete
  2. Hyper japan must be so cool!!
    I would love to attend this event, also japan expo
    Can't wait to see the catwalk video and pics :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're really lucky to have this event in London! I'll try to get some good pictures for you~

      Delete
  3. Wow, That sounds so interesting. I'm looking forward to see the video and pictures. I might visit London this year. Hope to see you then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be great to see you in London! Do let me know if you're coming :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...