Friday 27 January 2012

Ebisu and Ginza

Hello readers! Here is the next intallment of my trip to Japan in January.

For most of my holiday I stayed in Shinjuku, but I also had a short stay at the Westin Tokyo in Ebisu to meet up with some friends. From outside it doesn't look like much, but inside it's quite gorgeous! The steps leading to the tea lounge are flanked by two Pegasus horses!

Looks like one of the Pegasuses is decorating my new hat!

The hotel is in Yebisu Garden Place (Ebisu is the modern way to write Yebisu), which offers plenty of shopping. Should you feel peckish, there are also many restaurants including this French one:



Doesn't it look like a château? We had lunch there; it was one of those meals with endless small courses. They were all nice, but I have to say that the basil-flavoured bread was the highlight! What I really enjoyed as far as food was the Japanese meal we had at the hotel:

My meal, tenpura set.

My friend's meal, sushi set.

The day after checking into the Westin we went shopping in Ginza, which is famous for it's big department stores and many designer shops. I caught a glimpse of some glamorous hostesses shopping with their patron in Max Mara. They had the most amazing hair, and lots of it!


Bargain hunters were out and Ginza was bustling! We needed some refreshment, so we went to Ladurée in Mitsukoshi department store. The decor is actually very similar to the Paris one! I think I prefer the Paris one overall, but Mitsukoshi's is by far preferable to Harrods' (see my previous post here).


Well, that covered the posh side of Tokyo. I hope to experience more of that in the future! 

I'm rather curious about Ladurée around the world now.... have any readers been to any other locations?

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed it.

Sapphira

xxxx

10 comments:

  1. Such beautiful pictures! And you look lovely~ How are the prices in the restaurants around there?

    ~ Kieli ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Laduree too! I didn't know there is one in Mitsukoshi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kieli_Heart~
    Thank you, I'm glad you like the pictures! That area is a bit expensive, so the prices are rather high. It's less if you have lunch and choose the set menu, which is what we did XD

    kaho~
    Laduree is a treat for your eyes and well as your tastebuds! I really like the Laduree goods like towels and so on. Actually I haven't seen those sold outside of Japan, have you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Good to know if I ever get the chance to visit there :3

      ~ Kieli ~

      Delete
  4. You are so pretty. I watch your d-l posts and you always look so elegant. It's good to hear that you had a good time. I followed your blog because it's cute.

    www.hello-teacup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cali! Thanks for you kind words, and for following. I'm following your blog too!

      Delete
  5. Interesting as always!
    I think there must be a Laduree here in Milan, but I never even saw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think there is! It's funny, I never imagine that it's possible to find these things in foreign countries. I was suprised to learn that there was a Mitsukoshi in London! I didn't know for years.

      Delete
  6. Ahahaha I totally did think at first that that Pegasus was a part of your hat! :D

    All that food makes me miss Japan so badly...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, food is one of the best things about Japan! It's so good I actually want to learn how to cook it, and I hate cooking XD

      Yeah, when I was editing pictures for this post I really wanted to show the Pegasuses, but I had a choice between one where I look nauseous or this one where he's riding my hat.... I think this was the better choice!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...