Sunday 5 June 2011

Mixing blues with Marie Antoinette


Hello readers! A simple outfit post for you today.

~Rundown~
Skirt- Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Hair corsages- Handmade
Everything else- Vintage and offbrand

Remember your seatbelts, Lolitas!

Mary Antoinette is probably my favourite Baby print of all time. Though I think Baby has some of the loveliest prints of all the Lolita brands, sadly I'm not usually so keen on their actual clothing designs. Furthermore, their cut is usually particularly unflattering on me!


I do love this skirt however, though I've yet to have come up with a coordinate to do it full justice. In this instance, I've decided to pair this royal blue print with a lighter saxe blue. I picked up on the cream in the print, accessorising with sheer tights, cream shoes and peal and lace jewellery. I think I could chosen navy/royal blue accesories instead, so I'll try that next time. 
~

Thanks so much for your kind comments on the previous post. The show is tomorrow, and I'm feeling rather nervous! I hope to share pictures of the collection and maybe a video of the catwalk soon!

By the way, I've been a bit haphazard with tagging my posts, but all my outfit posts should be tagged "Coordinate" now. 

Thanks for reading!





6 comments:

  1. I love that skirt, I think it will be one of my future purchases ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh~ I'm particularly fond of the Marie print from Baby as well (>u< ) I do like the way you've mixed the baby blues with the darker navy in your coord~ Simply lovely!~

    And good luck with your show tomorrow!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btssb's Marie Antoinette print is one of my favorites prints!! I have the JSK in pink and it's such a gorgeous piece.I love the way you coordinate the different shades of blue <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! you coordinated it very well, I love seeing different shades of the same color in the same outfit, I think it's original :) and I love how delicate it looks, usually that print is very heavy and used in a very princesy way, but with that blouse and necklace and those delicate tights you make it look so feminine and elegant, also very casual for a stroll in the woods ^^ <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Mercury~
    Oh, you should get it! I think the red version is really nice too <3

    †Niesje7002†~
    Thank you very much :)

    Princess Gigglesnort~
    It was released during my first visit to Japan, so this print has some sentimental value too! Oh, and thank you for your good luck wishes, it went very well yesterday so I'll make a post soon and tell you all about it.

    MissVermilion~
    Oh, don't tempt me with thoughts of the jumperskirt! It is a lovely lovely dress, you're lucky. Do you wear it often?

    Hanabira Keiko~
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for your lovely comment! What you described is exactly the look I had hoped for.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...