Friday 29 April 2011

Thoughts on a Royal Wedding

So, which of my readers caught the royal wedding today?

I watched it on television, and I'm afraid I cried! It was so romantic and the royal couple looked so happy. I was very pleasantly suprised by the dress, which to be honest I was not expecting to like. However, I thought it very elegant and tasteful, and the lace and veil were so delicate and lovely! My favourite feature was the little covered buttons and rouleau loops fastening all the way up the back. I quite fancy something similar for my wedding day, but with a high collar and maybe a little ruffle at the throat and wrists. Perhaps I'm getting a bit ahead of myself though!

I really enjoyed the service too, which sounded so grand and wonderful. I feel it's tiny bit of a shame that my beau is not a military man, since the dress uniforms are rather impressive! Oh dear, once again I'm getting ahead of myself.

~

I'm going to a wedding myself in July, which I'm ever so excited about! In fact, I have a lot of things lined up for the summer- the wedding of course, my fashion show, graduation, my birthday, quite a big Lolita event, and most probably a trip to Singapore!

I'm very much looking foward to sharing all these things with you on Elegant Poupée. I'm really enjoying getting to know you all through your comments and through your own blogs. I've met such interesting, kind, stylish and creative people through this blog, and I'm happy to have such lovely followers! Thank you very much to all 57 of you!

With love from Sapphira


5 comments:

  1. aww now i'm kinda sad that i didn't get to watch it! You make it sound so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was immersed in some last-minute cramming for my Icelandic exam but I did at least follow the news throughout the day! I loved Kate's dress, and like you it was a surprise I did because usually I don't find royal wedding dresses that beautiful. The only exceptions so far have been princess Victoria's dress and now Kate's. Shame about the - I wonder if it was boning - that made the bust look a little bit... braless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. redtonic~
    Never mind, I expect it will be repeated a lot, haha!

    Kaino~
    Oh, I noticed that unfortunate feature too! Poor Kate, I hope she doesn't notice it herself....

    Best of luck for your exam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't see the wedding myself, but on the news they showed it too and she looked lovely indeed.

    and the things you are going to do this summer sounds wonderfull :D! I'm sure you are going to have a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't able to watch the wedding, as it started at 5 in the morning here... I was going to watch it at the headmasters house, but I'm struggling to recover from a cold, so I thought it was in my best interest to sleep.

    I also thought her dress was quite lovely! I'm glad she chose a dress with sleeves, as the style has been "sleeveless" recently.
    Good luck to you in all your upcoming endeavors!~ Spring seems like such a busy season for everyone, even though the weather just calls you outside to relax in the wonderful sunshine…
    Regardless, I wish you the best!~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...